2013/02/18

My Dream Job (Can I please work like this?!)



I was filling out this questionnaire from school website about job prospect and stuff, that promised to pay $10 grocery shop voucher upon completion. I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to take it! 

I was doing this endless survey for about 20 minutes? or so I felt, and I came to this open-ended question section.

Basically it asked me to describe what kind of work life I visualize of myself. At first, this question seemed rather daunting. I didn't even know specifically what I would want to be, and what kind of job would suit me. But after a while, I could write down few things, and it was:




" I am a successful animal assisted therapist who handles children's psychopathology. I have flexible timetable, so I don't work at all in the morning. My work starts from 2pm after lazy breakfast. I work only four days a week, and sometimes I can take the whole two months off. I also make bags by painting on them, and make things with sewing machine such as cushion, curtain, pillow case, pencil case and so on. I sell the surplus ones on weekend every other week. It gives me decent pay because I have become famous around the town and people are always queuing to buy my products. My goods are sold out in 1 hour and I earn $1000 every other week from these goods sales. 
My life is good, and I'm very satisfied with my work life. "



http://fistfuloftalent.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/dream-job-now.jpg



After I showed this to my bf, he was laughing so hard. And I laughed hard too, for some reasons. 


I mean honestly, even on this, I am not entirely sure whether I want to become a therapist. I want to have a job that lets me have a really free life. Certainly I don't want to wake up at 7am to go to work. And I want a job that would let me go around in different countries. More specifically I'm thinking I want to live in different places every 5 years. How beautiful is that? Just choosing the next spot, leaving everything behind for the better or worse! Feeling this and that in different places I always wanted to live in. I mean, it's just because I don't really like travelling somewhere for a week. I don't feel anything. To me, what really matters is having a glimpse of life there. How it feels to actually wake up everyday there, spend the whole day there for a few months to years.



http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/wp-content/uploads/dream-job.png


So for my job to be really free, I kind of narrowed it down to work related to internet. However, the downside to that is, I don't really like computer that much. I just don't feel that good sitting in front of the computer. (I do it, yes, but it's just that it doesn't make me feel good after I've done it.)


So I wonder what I can do. 


I asked my bf about it, about calling, and whether I should actively search for my calling or just live a life without thinking much into it, and let it come when it shall come. 

He answered: 'It's Calling. You listen to it.'



Sounds pretty right to me. And feels pretty good too! At least I get a short term relief from searching it. 


How about you? What is your dream job?



No comments:

Post a Comment